Ear wax removal Plymouth & the Surrounding Areas
We like to do things a little differently for our clients in and around the Plymouth area, by providing you with a personal ear wax removal service in the comfort of your own home.
Using the latest electronic pulsatile ear irrigation machines, we offer our clients a professional service, with a transparent pricing structure ensuring you only pay for the service you actually require.
Ear Wax removal Plymouth at Home – our service
We provide you or your loved one with a professional one-on-one, ear wax removal service in the comfort of the home, also including nursing homes, assisted living or at your workplace, at a time that is convenient for you.
We conduct a thorough health check and examination of your ears, and then using the latest electronic irrigation machines provide quick, safe, painless and effective ear wax removal. If either before or during the procedure we observe any abnormalities we will give our professional advice on whether you should seek further investigation from either a GP or an Audiologist.
We also provide ear wax softening and maintenance products.
Safe, professional, friendly ear wax removal
We like to do things a little differently for our clients in and around the Plymouth area, by providing you with a professional and personalised ear wax removal service in the comfort and safety of your own home, we come to you!
Steve Durham the owner of Clear Wax Solutions, is committed to providing all his clients with a professional, one on one service, administering a safe and effective solution for removing ear wax in your own home, without the need for you to attend time-consuming clinic appointments.
Using the latest electronic pulsatile ear irrigation machines, and not a syringe, we offer our clients a professional service, with a transparent pricing structure ensuring you only pay for the service you actually require.
Insured & Professional
Fully insured professional and reliable ear wax removal service.
Certified & Qualified
Ear wax removal by one of the UK’s leading healthcare providers.
Mobile ear wax removal in the comfort of your own home.
Either book online, by telephone, or use our contact us form.
Benefits of our service
- I come to you – no need to attend time-consuming clinic appointments
- Specialist in ear wax removal with significant experience
- Genuine caring service – read what our clients say!
- Transparent pricing – only pay for the service you need
- Same day appointments are often available
- Full ear health care, including functional hearing tests
- Free expert advice is available
- Simple and easy appointment booking – instant online, alternatively call 07306 652455 or use the contact us page
- All forms of payment are accepted – cash, cheque, card and bank transfer
- Fully insured to provide ear wax removal services within your home, care home or work premises
Preparation before the appointment
It is important that you use a softening agent 5 – 7 days prior to your appointment, and I recommend medical-grade olive oil.
There are many products available other than olive oil, such as sodium bicarbonate or hydrogen peroxide-based items – If you wish to use these instead, please read the instructions carefully as these can act as severe irritants to the delicate skin of the ear canal.
How to use olive oil drops
Step 1 – Lean the head over so that the affected ear is pointed straight up.
Step 2 – Pull the ear gently towards the top and back part of the head, which straightens the ear canal which is normally curved so the ear drops can fall as deeply into the ear canal as possible.
Step 3 – Squeeze 3-4 drops into the ear canal after the bottle has been shaken and warmed to body temperature. A good tip for this is to leave the bottle in your trouser pocket to warm up naturally. Do not put it in boiling water or the microwave as this can result in severe burns if too hot.
Step 4 – Keep the head tilted for a minimum of 5 – 10 minutes which allows gravity to disperse the ear drops into the ear wax – DO NOT place cotton wool in the ear as this inhibits the drops effectiveness.
This procedure should be repeated at least twice a day for a minimum of 5 – 7 days prior to your appointment.
You can purchase these products from Clear Wax Solutions or from any good chemist.
Enjoy complimentary standard delivery on all our products. Plus, the more you shop, the more you save! Check out product pages for exclusive discounts. Need it faster? Upgrade your shipping options for lightning-speed delivery!
Ear Wax Removal Procedure
What can I expect at my appointment?
- Firstly I will review your ear medical health through a series of questions, in conjunction with your completed consent form in order to ensure there are no contraindications, or medical jargon for cannot perform the procedure.
- Once consent has been obtained, I will thoroughly examine the outsides of your ears and surrounding skin looking for any skin conditions, lumps & bumps, tenderness or pain, and inform you accordingly.
- After that has been completed, I will then look at the internal condition of your ear by using an instrument called an otoscope, which is basically a handheld microscope with a light, looking specifically at the health of the ear canal, eardrum if visible, and if any wax is present.
- The presence of wax is normal, and I will only recommend irrigation if it is causing a problem such as muffled hearing or discomfort. Occasionally the amount or position of the wax present may mean that removal isn’t totally necessary, and I will give you the option of removal, or waiting a few months, and unlike some others, you will only pay for the service performed.
What does irrigation, formerly known as syringing, entail?
- If the examination shows that there is a need to remove excessive or impacted wax, I will then set up the machine so we can irrigate your ear, assuming the wax is soft enough to do so.
- Before starting I will go through step by step what to expect with the procedure and discuss any questions with you.
- I will then sit by your side, illuminate your ear with a head torch and ask you to hold a disposable collection cup under your ear.
- The procedure involves gently pulsating warm water into the ear canal via a nozzle inserted at the start of the ear canal. Please note that I use specialist ear irrigation machines designed for this procedure NOT a syringe. The water dislodges the wax which comes out of the ear and is collected in the collection cup.
- Throughout the procedure I will regularly stop and check the positioning of the wax using the otoscope, ensuring everything looks normal, advising you along the way.
- Once all the wax has been removed, I will dry your ear and make a final observation ensuring the health of both your ear canal and eardrum.
- If the other ear requires irrigation, I will repeat the above.
Does it hurt?
Some clients find this procedure quite soothing whilst others describe it as an odd feeling, however, you should not feel any pain during the procedure.
How long does it take?
The procedure itself is usually relatively quick and varies from individual to individual, however, allow between 30 to 45 minutes for the complete appointment.
After the procedure has been carried out, and I have cleared away the equipment, I will then discuss any observations regarding your ear health and ongoing wax management, including a tailored maintenance regime to keep your ears in tip-top condition.